Make the most of this weekend with our Weekend Picks, July 6 – 8. From sports to festivals and events in and around the area, there’s always something fun happening. For more events check our Event Calendar.
Friday, July 6
- Help kick off North Mankato Fun Days starting at 4pm.
- Dust off your cowboy boots and head over to Hamel for the 38th Annual Hamel Rodeo and Bull Ridin' Bonanza.
- Thank God for the Basilica Block Party. Friday’s lineup includes 10 bands on three stages with proceeds benefiting the restoration of the Basilica of Saint Mary.
Saturday, July 7
- Tatiana Fields in Belle Plaine is the place to be Saturday morning for the new cricket complex’s grand opening.
- Listen to some folk music at the Cornstock 9 Folk Festival at Moriarty's Yard in Le Sueur.
- Join in the fun and excitement at the Hopkins Running of the Bulls which is also the opening event for the Hopkins Raspberry Festival.
Sunday, July 8
- Get ready to compete in The Great Amazing Race, a family-friendly adventure run/walk inspired after the popular TV show “The Amazing Race”
- If you love vintage as well as great prices, Traders Market-Elko Vintage flea market is for you.
- Watch some of the best young softball teams at the U12 state tournament. Belle Plaine will host 16 teams at the softball complex at Oak Crest Elementary School.