Belle Plaine Library
125 W. Main St.
**All Scott County Libraries will be closed November 26 and 27 for Thanksgiving.
Express Library Hours
During the express library hours, customers can enter the building to browse library materials, grab library holds, check library materials out, and use the copy machine.
Appointment Service Hours
During appointment service hours, customers can sign up to use a computer and they can schedule curbside pickup appointments to get their available library holds. Visit our website for more information or call us at (952) 873-6767.
Following guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and Scott County Public Health, we are observing these important safety precautions:
• Face Masks: We require all visitors over the age of five to wear masks that fully cover the mouth and nose. Library staff will also be wearing masks.
• In & Out: We ask you to limit your visits to 30 minutes or less.
• Cleaning: We are increasing cleaning throughout the library, including high-touch surfaces.
Scott County Library
Surprising Heroes in Fiction
• The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal - After a meteorite strikes the earth and sets off cataclysmic climate change, the race to colonize space is on. Elma York, a gifted pilot and human calculator, seeks to be the first lady astronaut in this first in a series alternate history.
• The Second Sleep by Robert Harris - Christopher Fairfax, a young priest, travels to a remote village in 1468 to officiate the funeral of the old parson. During his stay, Fairfax feels compelled to learn more about the parson, his death, and the strange collection in the study. Fairfax soon uncovers a mystery that threatens his understanding of history and his faith in the church.
• The Silence of Bones by June Hur - Homesick and orphaned, sixteen-year-old Seol is living out the ancient curse: “May you live in interesting times.” Indentured to the police bureau, she’s been tasked with assisting a well-respected young inspector with the investigation into the politically charged murder of a noblewoman. Despite the risk to her life, Seol is driven to solve the murder and discover the fate of her missing brother.