The DAIRI (Dairy Assistance, Investment, and Relief Initiative) program provides financial assistance to small- to medium-sized dairy operations that participate in the USDA Farm Service Agency’s Dairy Margin Coverage (DMC) program.
To determine if you are eligible to apply, you must:
• Be the principle operator of a Minnesota dairy cow operation that produced less than 16,000,000 pounds (160,000 cwt) of milk in 2018, and
• Sign up for five years of coverage through the DMC during the enrollment period of June 17, 2019 to September 20, 2019.
How to Apply:
To participate in the program, you must submit the following four documents to the Minnesota Department of Agriculture:
• Completed application form with your signature
• Statement(s) from your processor(s) that show quantity of milk produced between 1/1/2018 and 12/31/2018. Self-completed worksheets and sales records will not be accepted.
• Completed copy of your DMC enrollment form
• Completed IRS Form W-9
Applications must be postmarked no later than October 1, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
Send your application materials to:
Minnesota Department of Agriculture , Attn: DAIRI
625 Robert St. N., St Paul MN 55155
The program offers two payments to eligible producers based on the amount of milk produced in 2018, up to 50,000 cwt.
The first payment will be sent two to four weeks after they receive your application. The payment amount is 10 cents per cwt. Example of an initial payment: 25,000 cwt (2018 production) x $0.10 = $2,500 payment
After DMC enrollment ends on September 20, 2019, they will verify with the Farm Service Agency your enrollment for five years of DMC coverage to ensure eligibility for the second payment. The second payment amount will be based on the available funding and your 2018 production.
You will not be paid for milk produced over 50,000 cwt.