Make the most of this weekend with our Weekend Picks. From sports to festivals and events in and around the area, there’s always something fun happening. For more events check our Event Calendar.
Friday, Aug 24
- Get your last blast of summer at the Belle Plaine Track and Field’s Family Fun Night, including a SuperHero Mile & Beautiful Prairie 5k with food, games and prizes.
- This weekend’s theme at the Renaissance Festival features the Highland Fling, a celebration of Scottish and Celtic culture.
- Minnesota’s oldest celebration, the 157th Stiftungsfest begins. The three-day festival in Norwood Young America celebrates German heritage and entertainment for all ages.
- 45th Annual Le Sueur County Pioneer Power Show is featuring the International Historical Construction Equipment Association this weekend.
Saturday, Aug 25
- Don’t miss the Gray Tigers in the semifinals against the rival Jordan Millers at Tiger Park.
- Check out the Blizzard Cup tournament happening this weekend at Tatiana Fields, from 8am - 4pm.
- Help celebrate 50 years of collecting, preserving and sharing Scott County history with a picnic, music and games hosted by the Scott County Historical Society.
- Experience America’s oldest sport, Indian Horse Relay racing, dating back over 400 years as part of the Indian culture.
- Round 9 of Shamrock RC Raceway’s Summer Points Series in St. Peter.
Sunday, Aug 26
- Celebrate the culture and heritage of Minnesota's first Irish settlement at the Jessenland Irish Festival, hosted by the Oratory of St. Thomas the Apostle.
- Town Tigers will face defending State Champion Kimball in New Prague at the Minnesota State Amateur Baseball Tournament at 7:30 p,m.
- Earl and Ralph Buetow children and family invite you to their open house birthday party to celebrate Earl’s 90th and Ralph’s 80th Birthdays, from 1 – 5 p.m. at the Big Sheed (8260 Maplewood Rd, Cologne).